This service is intended for CoC faculty and staff who have opted out of using Office 365, but still wish to send mail using their GT email address.
- Launch Outlook 2013, or 2016
- Go to the 'File' tab-> Click on 'Account Settings'-> Click the drop-down button titled 'Account Settings...'
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click the 'Change...' button
- Change the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to "sccl.cc.gatech.edu".
- Click the 'More Settings...' button-> Select the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Select 'Log on using'-> Enter the Gatech username and password-> Tick the 'Remember password' option
- Select the 'Advanced' tab-> Ensure the 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' port field is set to '25' which is the default SMTP port-> Click 'OK'
- Click the 'Next >' button-> In the next window click 'Finish'
- In the 'Account Settings' window click 'Close'
You should now be back to the main Outlook screen, close Outlook and relaunch.
Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly.
Congratulations! You've completed configuring the CoC SMTP server for your email client!