These instructions are for recent versions of McAfee installed from software.oit.gatech.edu. If you have a different version, your experience may differ.
Find the McAfee icon in your system tray. It should either look like an M inside a shield or a V inside a shield (see examples below). If you have an M inside a shield, contact the TSO Help Desk for further assistance. If you have a V inside a shield, you should be able to uninstall the program yourself using the instructions below.
- Click Start => Control Panel => Programs and Features.
- Click McAfee VirusScan and then click Uninstall.
- If there are any other OIT-provided McAfee products present, you should remove them, as well.
- Click Go from your Finder window.
- Select Applications.
- Double-click the McAfeeSecurityUninstaller.app
- A Terminal window will open - enter your admin password and hit Enter.
- When the uninstaller is complete you can shut the window and quit Terminal.