WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Entire CCB building power outage.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
Tuesday, December 18, 2018 through Friday December 21, 2018.
WHY IS IT HAPPENING?
The main electrical switchgear for CCB is being upgraded to support future growth including upgrades to the CCB 247 Data Center. This particular time period is the least disruptive within the next year.
WHO IS AFFECTED?
All CCB building occupants, faculty and graduate students with data in the CCB 247 Data Center, and those that may require services or visits to the building.
WHAT IS THE AFFECT?
· There will be no power in the building.
· Occupants will not be able to access the building because the lighting, heating, and life-safety systems will not be functioning. Only contractors will be allowed during this time.
· The CCB 247 data center will be shut down and there will be no remote access to systems within.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
· Remove items and defrost your mini fridges no later than Fri, Dec 14th. Facilities will have trash bags available to be placed underneath to prevent water leaks.
· On Mon, Dec 17th by cob, turn off and unplug all electrical devices for their protection.
· If you manage servers in the CCB data center, please see that your systems are shut down by 4:00 am on Tue, Dec 18th.
o Most business services already reside in the Klaus data center. But, research servers can’t be moved because of a lack of resources such as power and cooling.
· Work with your supervisors regarding the logistics of your alternate workspace.
o All Klaus conference rooms and event spaces will be open and shared resources. Supervisors, please contact Tonya Peoples directly (email@example.com)if you require an assigned room.
o Bring any work tools including laptops. Wi-Fi will be available as well as printing to any of the Klaus mopiers. Mopier locations can be found here: https://support.cc.gatech.edu/services/printing.
WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR CONCERNS?
For building related issues, please contact the Facilities team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For issues specific to your resources, please contact TSO at email@example.com