The mopier system will be updated to restore custom functionality lost following the mopier system upgrades on August 9th - including user login to the server and the pop-up to specify the user releasing the print job.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
Monday, August 19th from 4pm-5pm.
WHY IS IT HAPPENING?
The software upgrades performed August 9th removed some functionality and changed the way Windows users interact with the mopiers when printing. The work in this scheduled maintenance will restore the printing process that users are familiar with, and will bring the Windows printing procedure back inline with Mac and Linux.
WHO IS AFFECTED?
Windows users printing to hollister.cc.gatech.edu.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
No user action is required for Mac and Linux users. Following the scheduled maintenance, Windows users should attempt the steps listed below.
- Press the Windows button and type 'Printers & scanners' and hit enter.
- Right-click the entry for input-win and remove the printer.
- Press the Windows button and type 'Credential Manager' and hit enter.
- Select 'Windows Credentials'
- If there is an entry with 'hollister.cc.gatech.edu' in the title under 'Windows Credentials', click it and select 'Remove'
- Press the Windows button and type '\\hollister.cc.gatech.edu\input-win' to download the updated drivers from the server
- Try printing a document
If you continue to have issues printing, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS?
Feel free to contact the TSO Help Desk (CCB 148, 404.894.7065, email@example.com).