UPDATE 6/29/20 1:19PM:
- The main break has been effectively isolated to the localized area of Georgia Tech, and repairs to the water main are on-going. The current estimate for complete repair is sometime between Wednesday and Friday of this week. It is not expected to experience another drop in water pressure, but Facilities Management is prepared and monitoring closely. This situation may change as repairs are made.
- Domestic water and comfort cooling has been restored to CCB, Klaus, Coda, and TSRB buildings.
- Boil water advisory has been lifted.
- When campus Facilities gives the go ahead, TSO will power systems back up.
UPDATE 6/28/20 9:19am: The main break has been effectively isolated to the localized area of Georgia Tech, and repairs to the water main are on-going. Pressures are normal throughout the system. When campus Facilities gives the go ahead, we will power systems back up.
Below is a copy of the notice sent out by Tonya Peoples, Director of Facilities & Capital Planning. We will update this notice as new information becomes available.
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
A major water main break at Hemphill Avenue and Ferst Drive near the MaRC Building due to the failure of the line.
For more information, please see the attached AJC article:
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
CoC Facilities was notified around 1pm, June 27th.
WHO IS AFFECTED?
- All CCB, Coda, KACB, and TSRB building occupants.
- All CoC users with data in the CCB 247, Klaus 2219, Coda, and TSRB Data Centers.
WHAT IS THE AFFECT?
- Flood at the intersection of Hemphill caused decreased water pressure.
- No domestic water in the buildings (restrooms, water fountains).
- No comfort cooling.
- At the request of campus Facilities, TSO is shutting down non-critical Instructional and Research resources. This will allow critical Instructional and Enterprise resources to remain up for as long as possible.
- Boil water Advisory has been issued by the City of Atlanta.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- No user action is required at this time. We will continue to update this outage as more information becomes available.
WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR CONCERNS?
For building related issues, please contact the Facilities team at email@example.com
For issues specific to your IT resources, please contact TSO at firstname.lastname@example.org