The TSO Research Program Support Group endeavors to advance the College of Computing's cutting-edge research technology infrastructure and activities through providing a primary contact for research customers, coordinating research technologists, fostering self-help communities and maintaining a sustainable research lab support model.
- Provide primary point of contact and coordination in TSO for Research customers (Centers, Groups, Projects, etc.).
- Support research infrastructure including labs, desktops, laptops, servers, networks and other research assets.
- Facilitate and manage CoC High Performance Computing (HPC) hardware and software resources.
- Develop Research Technologist (RT) personnel partnerships with CoC Research Centers and Schools.
- Focus RT partnerships on bridging general technology needs and specialized needs.
- Develop and maintain a research lab support model.
- Lead, empower and train Research lab managers to support their own technology.
- Empower users to help themselves through self-service technology.
- Facilitate and coordinate technical aspects of research events.
- Provide shared access to emerging technologies (e.g. group collaboration, web programming).
- Facilitate equipment acquisition (e.g. costing, tracking) for new labs and projects.
- Liaison to OIT for research and HPC systems/infrastructure.
- Establish and oversee research infrastructure collaborations (e.g. ORNL).
- Advocate strategic vendor research relationships, grant opportunities.