- Senior Research Technologist
- Director of TSO Research & Instruction Group
- randy@cc, (404) 894-9046
- Direct the TSO Research Program Support Team serving CoC related Research Centers, Labs, Groups and Projects.
- Direct the TSO Instructional Program Support Team providing technology resources for CoC classes.
- Direct the TSO Infrastructure Team providing critical services, networking and information security to all of CoC.
- Provide a primary point of contact in TSO for Research Customers including Research Centers, Labs, and Groups
- Lead and Manage Research Technologists in support of research related technologies
- Support research infrastructure including labs, other research assets (research servers, laptops, desktops, clusters, networks).
- Develop and maintain a research lab support model
- Lead/Empower/Train Research lab managers to support their own technology
- Empower users to help themselves through self-service technology
- Establish and manage a research support cost accounting system
- Provide infrastructure costing of new labs, projects, equipment
- Develop and coordinate research-related servers and services
- Develop and coordinate collaborative systems for research business
- Develop and coordinate managed OS deployment technologies
- Develop and coordinate technical aspects of research events
- Advocate strategic vendor research relationships, grant opportunities
- Act as liaison to OIT for research and HPC systems/infrastructure
- Establish and oversee research infrastructure collaborations (e.g. ORNL).