As faculty and staff return to campus, TSO has some helpful tips.
- Immediately reboot your desktop and login. Please note: There may be pending software patches that will take time to install.
- Verify you have network connectivity.
- If you experience network issues, first try to disconnect the network cable, wait 15 seconds, then reconnect it.
- Bring your laptop to campus to guarantee you have a working machine in case your office computer needs to patch or has other issues.
- Verify you can still print to the mopiers.
- Note that most desktops do not come with a webcam by default. If you are onsite but still need to host or participate in online meetings, you will need to order a webcam. TSO recommends the Logitech C920e. https://support.cc.gatech.edu/support-tools/faq/which-computer-should-i-purchase
- If your primary equipment is a laptop and you acquired a new one during the pandemic, you may need different adapters for monitors or other peripherals at your desk.
Please contact the TSO Help Desk (email@example.com) for questions.