To bypass the CoC print servers and print directly to a CoC printer, you must be attached to the GT network. If you are not, you will need to connect in, such as through LAWN or VPN.
How to Add a Printer:
- Open up Apple System Preferences.
- Click Print and Fax.
- Click the + sign in the lower left of the Print and Fax window to add a printer.
- Click IP.
- Select the proper Protocol for your printer type. For HP printers use the Protocol: HP Jetdirect - Socket.
- Type in the IP Address or Hostname (example: rosalyn.cc.gatech.edu or 184.108.40.206) of the printer. Leave Queue blank.
- Enter in the name of the printer under Name.
- Select an appropiate driver under the Print Using dropdown. If you cannot find the correct driver, you can either provide one or use the Generic PostScript Printer driver. Click Add.
- You may be presented with an Installable Options screen. If so, select the appropriate options or accept the defaults.
- Click Continue to add the printer.