To bypass the CoC print servers and print directly to a CoC printer, you must be attached to the GT network. If you are not, you will need to connect in, such as through LAWN or VPN.
- Select Start - Printers and Faxes - Add Printer. This will open the Add Printer Wizard. Click Next.
- Select Local printer attached to this computer. Be sure that Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer is unchecked. Click Next.
- Select Create a new port. For Type of port, choose Standard TCP/IP Port. Click Next.
- This will open a new window entitled Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard. Click Next.
- Input the IP address of the printer in the Printer Name or IP Address field. This will automatically create a Port Name. Click Next.
- The printer should default to the correct Device Type. If it does not, select the correct option from the drop-down. If you're unable to locate the correct device type, choose Generic Network Card. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
You should now be back in the Add Printer Wizard window. Choose the correct driver for the printer, or if you have a newer driver, choose Have Disk. and follow the prompts to install your driver. When you've selected or installed the correct driver, click Next.
- Windows 7 users have the option to use Windows Update to download additional drivers from this screen.
- Enter a Printer name or keep the automatically chosen one, select whether you want this to be your default printer, and click Next.
- Choose whether to print a test page and click Next.
- Review the settings. If they appear correct, click Finish. Otherwise, click Back to make any needed changes.
- Your default printer is identified in the Printers and Faxes folder with a check mark. To change the default printer, right click on the desired default printer and select Set as Default Printer .