Printing in Coda is done via Direct-IP printing, and is separate from the mopier printing system (hollister) in CCB, KACB, and TSRB. Please use the IP addresses below and the directions provided to connect to the necessary mopiers. If you encounter any issues, please contact the TSO Help Desk for assistance.
- Download the Xerox Global print driver.
- Go to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers, then Add a Printer.
- Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
- Select “Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname” and press Next.
- Enter the IP Address above, press Next.
- On the Install printer driver dialogue, press Have Disk and navigate to the Xerox Global Print Driver folder and then into the UNIV folder contained within. There will be a x3UNIVX.inf file. Select it and press Open and then Next.
- The copier name can be whatever you prefer.
- Download the Xerox Global Print Driver for Macs
- Run the .pkg installer and Select Continue to proceed through the License agreement.
- Select Install.
- On the Select a Printer step, click on the second icon.
- Enter the IP address of the copier above and you will see its information appear below. Press continue.
- You will be asked if you want to make it the default and print a test page. Then press Continue followed by Close.
- Once added, the printer can be renamed if needed. Also once the print driver is installed, additional copiers can be added directly by pressing the + icon and entering the IP address and selecting IPP as the protocol. The correct driver should automatically be selected when it queries the copier.
- Download the Xerox Global Print Driver for your Linux distribution. Select rpm if you are running RedHat and deb if using Ubuntu.
- Install the package on your system to create a directory in /opt/Xerox/ - this step requires sudo or admin privileges
- Restart your machine after installing the Print Driver.
- Open a terminal. Within the /opt/Xerox/prtsys directory run sudo ./xeroxprtmgr or run using root
- In the Xerox Print Manager window, click the down arrow icon and an Install Printers dialogue will appear.
- Click the box icon on the Install Printers window and select manual install.
- On the next dialogue, enter whatever name you prefer for the copier queue and server queue name, select Xerox Altalink C8055 as the model, change connection type to TCP/IP (Workstation to Printer Server), and enter the IP address listed above.
Check the Xerox site for the drivers.