Locating your asset’s information
- Open the Control Panel. (You can search for “control panel” in the search bar)
- Click System and Security > System.
On the View basic information about your computer page, see the Full computer name under the section Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
The computer name appears under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
- Choose Apple menu > About This Mac > Serial Number.
Note: This is the most helpful information for identifying your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > Sharing.
The computer name appears at the top of the window.