- Windows 7: Right click on Computer and select Map Network Drive...
- Windows 10: Open File Explorer, right click on This PC and select Map Network Drive...
For Drive: select an available letter.
- for your samba drive, select H:
For Folder: enter the path for the folder.
- to connect to your samba drive, enter \\ccsamba.cc.gatech.edu\<username>, where <username> is your CC AD (Windows) username (i.e. \\ccsamba.cc.gatech.edu\uwanna).
- For staff, to connect to your home directory, enter \\winhome.cc.gatech.edu\homedirs$\<username>, where <username> is your CC AD (Windows) username (i.e. \\winhome.cc.gatech.edu\homedirs$\uwanna).
- to connect to adminfs, enter \\adminfs.cc.gatech.edu\<folder>, where <folder> is the folder you normally work from (i.e. \\adminfs.cc.gatech.edu\cns).
If prompted, enter your username and Windows password.
- username is cc\<username> (i.e. cc\uwanna).
- Uncheck the box Reconnect at logon IF you are connecting from off-campus. Users of CoC-issued laptops may wish to keep this box checked.
- Click Finish.
To access a mapped network drive, open My Computer and view the Network Drives.
- If you want to see the mapped drive from your desktop, right-click the drive and click Copy. Then, right-click a blank area on your desktop and click Paste Shortcut.