Mopiers provide copying, printing, and walk-up scanning functionality. There are six mopiers in CCB, four in KACB, and three in TSRB available for CoC faculty, staff, student employees, and graduate students performing Institute-related research (to include non-CoC GRA's performing Institute-related research for the College, upon request). Undergraduate students should follow the instructions below under CoC Instructional Printing. For printing, each mopier is accessible to Windows, UNIX, and Mac OS X clients on CoC Inland and VPN subnets. We use a uniFLOW print server, hollister.cc.gatech.edu, for Windows, Mac, and UNIX clients. An active GT account username and password is required to print to the uniFLOW print servers. For instructions on installing the mopiers, please use the links below. Please note that Direct IP printing is not available for the new mopiers
|MOPIER NAME||ROOM||MOPIER TYPE|
|charliebrown||CCB 148 Help Desk Area||Canon imageRunner C7270|
|snoopy||CCB 2nd Floor Break Area||Canon imageRunner 6255|
|woodstock||CCB 1st Floor Information Desk||Canon imageRunner 4251|
|sally||CCB 106 Copy Room||Canon imageRunner 6255|
|spike||CCB 348 Copy Room||Canon imageRunner C5255|
|olaf||CCB 308 Outreach Area||Canon imageRunner 6255|
|pigpen||KACB 1120 CSE Admin||Canon imageRunner C5255|
|schroeder||KACB 2332 Common Area||Canon imageRunner 6255|
|peppermintpatty||KACB 3332 Common Area||Canon imageRunner 6255|
|franklin||KACB 3401 Copy Room||Canon imageRunner C5255|
|lucy||TSRB 2nd Floor||Canon imageRunner 6255|
|linus||TSRB 208 Main Copy||Canon imageRunner C7270|
|rerun||TSRB 3rd Floor||Canon imageRunner 6255|
CoC Office and Research Lab Printing
The CoC network provides access to over 100 printers located in the CCB, KACB and TSRB buildings. Each printer is accessible to Windows, UNIX and Mac OS X clients. We use a Windows Server print server for Windows clients, and a CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) server for UNIX and Mac OS X clients. An active CoC account username and password is required to print with the CoC print servers. You can also use Direct IP Printing methods from anywhere on the GT network.
For a listing of available printers, see http://printhost.cc.gatech.edu/printers/ (viewable from on-campus or via CoC VPN). Follow the instructions below that match your network and OS needs:
|Mac OS X||Inland||VPN||N/A||Direct IP|
CoC Instructional Printing
The College of Computing uses the OIT Pharos printing system for instructional labs located on the first floor of the College of Computing Building (CCB). The Pharos printing system is a pay for print service which allows students to print from lab machines and their personal laptops to retrieve their documents at a cost of $.04 per page, payable using a BuzzCard. There is a printer for student use located in the student commons area of CCB. Please follow the instructions below:
- Printing to Instructional Lab Printers (from Lab Computers and LAWN systems)
- Pharos Frequently Asked Questions
Please be a Responsible Print Steward
We expect you to be prudent with your printing.
- Print duplex whenever you can!
- Do not use printers for multiple copies. Please use a mopier/photocopier if you need multiple copies of documents.
- Use on-screen preview rather than throwing large draft documents at the printers.
- Use the OIT Printing & Copying service (e.g. central_ps) when you find you really must print truly huge documents.
- General use printers have bins which are labeled alphabetically. If your printout is preceded by others, please place them in the appropriate bin based on the username printed on the banner sheet.
- If you find that a printer is running low on toner or paper, or having other problems, please notify helpdesk@cc.
- Avoid printing to color printers unless color printouts are needed.
It costs the College between 3 and 4 cents per page for paper, toner, and other printer supplies (most of this cost is toner) for monochrome printers. Color printers cost an additional 10 cents per page. Please help to keep our costs down.